English is an international language. It is the second language which is helping people to communicate with others. People who have learned English as a second language. From here we can understand the importance of the English language.
Grammar plays an important role in every language. Grammar plays an immense role in learning any language. In our country, a lot of students are weak at grammar because of being inattentive. We know that the SSC examination is starting soon. If the candidates don’t prepare well before the exam, they will not be able to do well in the exam. We want that everyone takes better preparation in every subject. That’s why today we are going to provide English 2nd paper suggestions for SSC examination 2023. Previously we provide English 1st paper suggestions if you didn’t have it please visit our website.
Total Marks: 100
Part A: Grammar [60 marks]
- Ques. 1- Gap Filling Activities with Clues (preposition, articles, parts of speech) [Marks: 0.5*10 = 5]
- Ques. 2- Gap Filling Activities without Clues (preposition, articles, parts of speech) [Marks: 0.5*10 = 5]
- Ques. 3- Substitution Table [Marks: 1*5 = 5]
- Ques. 4- Right Form of Verbs [Marks: 0.5*10 = 5]
- Ques. 5- Narrative Style (direct to indirect or vice versa) [Marks: 5]
- Ques. 6- Changing Sentences (change of voice, sentence patters, degrees) [Marks: 1*10 = 10]
- Ques. 7- Completing Sentences (using conditionals, infinitive, gerund, participle) [Marks: 1*5 = 5]
- Ques. 8- Use of Suffixes and Prefixes [Marks: 0.5*10 = 10]
- Ques. 9- Tag Questions [Marks: 1*5 = 5]
- Ques. 10- Sentence Connectors [Marks: 1*5 = 5]
- Ques. 11- Punctuation and Capitalization [Marks: 5]
Part B: Writing Test [Marks 40]
- Ques. 12- Writing CV with Cover Letter [Marks: 8]
- Ques. 13- Writing Formal Letter or Email [Marks: 10]
- Ques. 14- Paragraph [Marks: 10]
- Ques. 15- Composition [Marks: 12]
This question pattern is unchangeable. So students have to prepare them according to the pattern.
Suggestion for Grammar Part (Ques. 1-11)
Usually, for the grammar part, there are no suggestions. Everyone says that grammar is a matter of practice. More you practice then more you expert in this. So keep practicing. For your examination, we tell you how to get good preparation in this part.
Firstly you have to read each grammatical topic and its rules. The most important thing is you have to memorize all the rules properly. On the other, you have to start practicing your test paper. You have to solve previous year questions. All the board questions from 2013-2018 are very important. So you have to solve those questions properly. Similarly, students have to complete the question of reputed colleges. Those questions are important for the exam. Therefore students have to practice grammar regularly. This is the only way to do well in grammar. So you should give your best. Be dependent on yourself, not others.
Writing CV with Cover Letter (Ques. 12)
Question Introduction: Students have to write a cover letter by following the information which is given at the question paper. After that, they have to write a CV which is based on a job application.
- Prayer for the post of a Salesman.
- Prayer for the post of a Medical Representative.
- Applying for the post of a Computer Programmer.
- Applying for the post of an Accounts Officer.
- Prayer for the post of a Librarian.
- Prayer for the post of a Public Relation Officer.
- Prayer for the post of a Senior Officer/Junior Officer.
- Applying for the position of English newscaster.
- Applying for the post of an Assistant Teacher (in English)
- Applying for the post of a Computer Operator.
Writing Formal Letter or E-mail (Ques. 13)
Question Introduction: There will be a question which is related to Formal Letter or E-mail. Now we are going to show you how to write a Formal Letter and E-mail.
|Formal Letter (Academic)||Formal Letter (Academic)|
Firstly Date 22 August
Designation of the recipient, The Head Teacher Address _____School, Chattogram
|The recipient’s email to firstname.lastname@example.org Subjects of the email Subject: About IT Council|
Some Important Formal letters\Email
- Application for relief and medical aids for the flood victims.
- Request for a transfer certificate.
- Seeking permission to go on a study tour.
- Prayer for setting up a canteen.
- Request for enhancing library facilities.
- Prayer for a seat in the school hostel.
- Prayer for the allotment of an English Newspaper.
- Prayer for hanging some electrics fans in the classroom.
- Request to opening a cultural club.
- Prayer for permission to go on an excursion to Sundarbans.
Paragraph Writing (Ques. 14)
Question Introduction: In the exam, students have to write a paragraph within 250 words according to the situation which is given in the ques. Paper. The paragraph can be regarding the listing/narrating/comparison, contrast/cause or effect. This paragraph must have an introductory sentence, body and concluding sentence.
Some Important Paragraph
- Traffic Jam
- Water Pollution
- Tree Plantation
- A Street Hawker
- Load shedding
- School Library
- School Magazine
- A Tea Stall
- A Winter Morning
- A Moonlight Night
- A Book Fair
- A Rainy Day
- A Farmer
Composition (Ques. 15)
Question Introduction: Candidates have to write a composition according to the situation which was mentioned at the ques. Paper. On the other hand in this composition must have Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
- The wonder of Modern Science
- My Hobby
- Season I Like Most
- Journey by Boat
- Favorite Hobby
- Duty of a Student
- Flood in Bangladesh
- Population Problem in Bangladesh
- Your Visit to a Place of Historical Interest
- Your Childhood Memories
- Computer as a Wonderful Gift
We have come to the end of this article. We have tried to highlight all the important things which are connected with an English 2nd paper exam suggestion. We want to help you to take a very good preparation for your exam. That’s why we provided this article for you. Therefore the exam is very near, in that case, we say that we finish each subject very carefully. Because of this year, a large number of students are going to attend in SSC examination. So it can be said that there is going to be a big competition. Those who have good preparation can achieve a good result easily. This exam is important for each student. So keep trying for yourself. Thanks for being with us.