Prime Minister’s Fellowship 2023-2024 (1st Phase) Circular under ‘strengthening the capacity of public administration for achieving SDG’s (SCPA-SDG) project’ of Government Innovation Unit(GIU), Prime Minister Office has been published recently. This fellowship scholarship program is applicable for the Ph.D. & Master’s candidates. Here are the basic criteria to apply for this fellowship program.
Necessary conditions & instruction
- Bangladeshi citizen who has not yet participated in any fellowship or Master’s/Ph.D. program can apply. The Government employee who is permeant and after joining the job who has not taken a Master’s/PhD degree from abroad can apply.
- An applicant has to attach an unconditional offer letter (full-time) for the desired degree from the institution/University. The last date must be from 1st July 2023 to 31st December 2023 in the offer letter. PGD leading to a Master’s or MPhil leading to a Ph.D. offer letter is not acceptable.
- The offer letter must be bought from the top 200 universities/educational institution according to the Times Higher Education World University Overall Rankings 2023. for Master’s in between 1 to 200 and for Ph.D. in between 1 to 100 universities.
- Under this program candidates with a Master’s will get a fellowship for 18 months and Ph.D. applicants will get a maximum of 4 years of fellowship. Any kind of application to extend the fellowship period is non-considerable.
- Must need valid (last date of application) TOEFL/iBT/IELTS (Academic)/PTE (Academic) score. IELTS (Academic) overall score minimum of 6.5, TOEFL, iBT overall score is 88, and PTE (Academic) score a minimum of 59.
- The maximum age to apply is the following: Ph.D. – 45-year, Master’s- 40-years.
- Those who have any govt/non-govt/international scholarship/fellowship are not applicable for this program.
- After publishing the fellowship result any applicants are not allowed to change the subject/course/country/university.
- Every applicant has to issue a bond at a non-judicial stamp of 600 BDT that after completing study each fellowship recipient must have to spend two years of career in Bangladesh with the signature of two witnesses (Government employee of 5th grade or upper) or local Government Correspondents (City corporation Mayor/Councilor/Union council Chairman/Municipality Mayor). The mentioned witnesses will submit a separate bond to the fact that if the fellow correspondent fails to do 2 years job after completing the study, they will be bound to pay 05 lakhs BDT to the government. Otherwise, the government can file a case according to the Public Demands Recovery Act 1913.
- The maximum amount of money sponsored under the fellowship: Finally selected each candidate will get 60 lakhs BDT for the Master’s course and 02 crores for the Ph.D. course. But the candidates under ranking between 01 to 30 according to the Times Higher Education World University Overall Rankings 2023 will get an extra 10% of sponsored money.
- Applicants have to apply from the fellowship website pmfellowship.pmo.gov.bd. Entering the website applicants have to participate eligibility test.
- Eligible applicants have to open a verified account using an email account and mobile no at the fellowship website. From this account, they can create and submit the application. Before submitting the application, each candidate is able to correct the application several times.
- After submitting the application applicants will receive a confirmation message with an application ID of the application, e-mail, and mobile number.
- Applicants have to save the application ID for further use. It will be used for tracking application papers and any kinds of fellowship-related contacts.
- Make a printout of the application paper after submitting it. It will count as a hard copy.
- The application will grant under three applicant categories.
- BCS Cadre (government official),
- Non-BCS Government official,
- The last date of application is 7th April 2023 within local time at 11.59 pm.
- The last date for sending the hard copy is 13th April 2023 within Bangladesh time at 05.00 pm.
- Address to send the hard copy:
strengthening the capacity of public administration for achieving SDG’s (SCPA-SDG) project, &
Governance Innovation Unit,
Prime Minister’s Office Tejgaon, Dhaka – 1215 Bangladesh
- A Statement of Purpose mentions the Applicant’s suitability for the scholarship, linkage of proposed research /study with SOG implementation, future prospects of utilizing the acquired knowledge through this study program, and professional experience, not more than 1000 words.
- PDF file of all educational qualification certificates, mark sheet/ transcript
- Upload PDF version of National Identity Card-NIO and Passport Identification page)
- Upload the results copy of TOEFL/iBT/IELTS (Academic)/PTE (Academic).
- Upload the Unconditional offer letter (full-time) from the university/educational institute.
- Experience certificate only for private applicants.
- Upload JPG/JPEG format of recent passport size photograph’s
- Recommendation letter and forwarding form with date and signature of applicants and the authorities.
- Government applicants have to submit documents of proof of job permanent (gadget notification).
- In the case of foreign degrees equivalence certificates by UGC.
Prime Minister’s Fellowship 2023-2024 (1st Phase) Circular
From here you can download the full circular. As we just focused on the key points from the pdf you can download it for details.
So this is all. For further any ask please inform us through the comment section.