Prime Minister’s Fellowship 2021-2022 (1st Phase) Circular under ‘strengthening the capacity of public administration for achieving SDG’s (SCPA-SDG) project’ of Government Innovation Unit(GIU), Prime Minister Office has been published recently. This fellowship scholarship program is applicable for the PhD & Master’s candidates. Here are the basic criteria to apply for this fellowship program.
Necessary conditions & instruction
- Bangladeshi citizen who has not yet participate for any fellowship for Masters/PhD program can apply. For the Government employee who is permeant and after joining the job who has not taken Master’s/PhD degree from abroad can apply.
- An applicant has to attach unconditional offer letter (full time) for desired degree from the institution/University. The last date must be from 1st July 2021 to 31st December 2021 in the offer letter. PGD leading to Master’s or MPhil leading to PhD offer letter is not acceptable.
- The offer letter must be bought form the top 200 university/educational institution according to the Times Higher Education World University Overall Rankings 2021. for Master’s in between 1 to 200 and for PhD in between 1 to 100 universities.
- Under this program candidates of Master’s will get fellowship for 18 months and PhD applicants will get maximum 4 years fellowship. Any kind of application to extend the fellowship period is non considerable.
- Must need valid (last date of application) TOEFL/iBT/IELTS (Academic)/PTE (Academic) score. IELTS (Academic) overall score minimum 6.5, TOEFL, iBT overall score is 88, PTE (Academic) score minimum 59.
- Maximum age to apply is following: PhD – 45-year, Master’s- 40 year.
- Those who have any govt/non-govt/international scholarship/fellowship they are not applicable for this program.
- After publishing the fellowship result any applicants are not allowed to change the subject/course/country/university.
- Every applicant has to issue a bond at a non-judicial stamp of 600 BDT that after completing study each fellowship recipient must have to spend two years of career in Bangladesh with signature of two witnesses (Government employee of 5th grade or upper) or local Government Correspondents (City corporation Mayor/Councilor/Union council Chairman/Municipality Mayor). The mentioned witnesses will submit a separate bond to the fact that if the fellow correspondent fail to do 2 years job after completing the study, they will bound to pay 05 lakhs BDT to the government. Otherwise government can file case according to the Public Demands Recovery Act 1913.
- The maximum amount of money sponsored under the fellowship: Finally selected each candidate will get 60 lakhs BDT for Master’s course and 02 crore for PhD course. But the candidates under ranking in between 01 to 30 according to the Times Higher Education World University Overall Rankings 2021 will get extra 10% of sponsored money.
- Applicant’s has to apply from fellowship website pmfellowship.pmo.gov.bd. Entering the website applicants have to participate eligibility test.
- Eligible applicants have to open a verified account using an email account and mobile no at the fellowship website. From this account they can create and submit the application. Before submitting the application, each candidate is able to correction the application in several times.
- After submitting the application applicants will receive a confirmation message with a application ID of application, e-mail and mobile number.
- Applicants have to save the application ID for further use. It will be use for tracking application paper and any kinds of fellowship related contacts.
- Make a print out of the application paper after submitting. It will count as a hard copy.
- Application will grant under three applicant categories.
- BCS Cadre (government official),
- Non BCS Government official,
- Last date of application 7th April 2021 within local time 11.59 pm.
- Last date of sending hard copy 13th April 2021 within Bangladesh time 05.00 pm.
- Address to send the hard copy:
strengthening the capacity of public administration for achieving SDG’s (SCPA-SDG) project, &
Governance Innovation Unit,
Prime Minister’s Office Tejgaon, Dhaka – 1215 Bangladesh
- A Statement of Purpose mentioning Applicant’s suitability for the scholarship, linkage of proposed research /study with SOG implementation, future prospects of utilizing the acquired knowledge through this study program and professional experience not more than 1000 words.
- PDF file of all educational qualification certificates, marksheet/ transcript
- Upload PDF version of National Identity Card-NIO and Passport Identification page)
- Upload the results copy of TOEFL/iBT/IELTS (Academic)/PTE (Academic).
- Upload the Unconditional offer letter (full-time) from university/educational institute.
- Experience certificate only for private applicants.
- Upload JPG/JPEG format of recent passport size photograph’s
- Recommendation letter and forwarding form with date and signature of applicants and the authorities.
- Government applicants have to submit document of proof job permanents (gadget notification).
- In case of foreign degrees equivalence certificates by UGC.
Prime Minister’s Fellowship 2021-2022 (1st Phase) Circular
From here you can download the full circular. As we just focused on the key points from the pdf you can download it for details.
So this is the all. For further any ask please inform us through comment section.