According to the Dhaka University official website du.ac.bd and their admission website, Dhaka University Admission Test will be held on First week of April. Based on the different admission circular we have added the details of Dhaka University Admission Notices. Here you will get all unit’s admission circular and important dates
Table of Contents
Dhaka University Units
There are a total of five units for admission in Dhaka University. The Units are
- Ka Unit
- Kha Unit
- Ga Unit
- Gha Unit
- Cha Unit
Ka Unit is allocated for the students of science department. According to DU admission notice, Ka Unit deals with Science, Biological Science, Pharmacy, Engineering Technology and Environment Science Students.
Kha Unit is known as Unit of Arts and Humanities students. This unit deals with Arts, Social Science and Geography, Psychology and Other education related programs.
Ga unit is for business related subjects. According to the notice, Here the students who passed HSC level with business studies education can apply for admission.
Gha Unit is for the students who want to change the group. If you are from science group and want to migrate yourself into business studies you can apply with unit. This unit is applicable for all group’s students.
Dhaka University specially deals the Fine Arts Faculty. To get admitted into Fine Arts, you need apply to this unit. This unit covers the Fine Arts Subjects.
DU Admission Important Dates
- Application Starts: 20th April 2023
- Application Ends: 10th May 2023
- Admit card download: From 16th May to till before 1 hour of starting admission test
- Admission Test Starts: 3rd June 2023
- Admission Free: 1000 Taka
- Application Link: http://admission.eis.du.ac.bd/
General Requirement of DU Admission
- Candidates have to pass SSC with in 2016 to 2019 and HSC in 2021
- Candidates must be a citizen of Bangladesh
- All Education Board students can apply for the admission
- Each of the Unit has separate GPA Requirements
Additional admission requirements for Dhaka university
In the upper section we mentioned the general requirements rather of them some more requirements are mentioned in the DU admission circular 2021-22. This requirements also varies for each unit. Here is the details about the admission requirement of all unit of Dhaka University.
Admission requirement for DU Ka Unit
- Candidates from science/agricultural science background in HSC can apply for A/Ka Unit (Science, Biology, Pharmacy, Earth & Environmental Science and Engineering & Technology faculties and institutes).
- Along with SSC & HSC Must have to obtained total GPA 8.00 with 4th subjects.
- Individually in HSC & SSC one candidate need at least GPA 3.50.
Admission requirement for DU Kha Unit
- Candidates from Humanities/Arts background can apply for DU Kha/B unit.
- Details about faculties/institutes belongs to this unit has been clearly discussed in the admission circular.
- Candidates from Humanities group can’t take admission in this unit through Gha Unit (Transfer unit).
- With 4th/optional subject candidates have to gain total GPA 7.50 in SSC & HSC.
- Individually in HSC & SSC minimum required GPA 3.00 for DU Kha Unit.
Admission requirement for DU Ga Unit
- Students who are from Business Studies background in HSC can apply for DU Ga/C unit.
- In total GPA 7.50 is required in SSC & HSC with optional subjects.
- Individually minimum GPA 3.00 is required.
Admission requirement for DU Gha/D Unit (Transfer Unit)
- Science/Business Studies/Humanities all group candidates can apply for DU Gha Unit. This unit is for transfer the subjects.
- Candidates from Humanities & Business Studies background need GPA 7.50 total in SSC & HSC. In HSC minimum GPA required 3.00 with optional subject.
- Science background applicants need total GPA 8.00 total with SSC & HSC. Individually at least GPA 4.00 is must.
Admission requirement for DU Cha Unit (Fine Arts)
- Candidates from any group can apply for DU Cha Unit.
- Minimum required GPA 6.50 in total (SSC+HSC).
- Individually GPA 3.00 is must in each exam.
Dhaka University New Marks Distribution
Dhaka University has recently changed their marks distribution system in their admission test. According to news paper and DU Authority, from this year admission test will be held with in 100 marks. Although last year’s admission test was 200 marks, the total marks have been reduced to 100 from this academic year. The 40 marks was allocated for written test for Ka, Kha, Ga & Gha unit. And the number of MCQ test is 60. Applicants will get 45 minutes for each exam (written & MCQ) of this units. On the other hand, the total number of written tests will be 60 for Cha unit’s applicants and 40 will be the total CQ Test’s marks. Applicants of this unit will get 30 minute for MCQ Test and 60 Minute for written exam. The merit order of the students for the academic year 2021-22 will be made based on 100 marks in total.
Merit score and merit order
The merit list will be made in the order of merit score of the candidates on the basis of 100 marks. If the merit score is equal, the merit order will be created in the following order:
- Scores obtained in the admission test
- GPA obtained in HSC / equivalent examination without 4th subject
- GPA obtained in HSC / equivalent examination with 4th Subjects
- GPA obtained in SSC / equivalent examination with fourth Subject
- GSC results obtained in four major subjects in HSC / equivalent examination.
The GPA will be calculated on the basis of the grade points obtained in O-Level and A-Level examinations; A = 5.0 B = 4.0 C = 3.5
The merit list and results of the candidates who have passed according to the merit score determined on the basis of merit score. The details will also be available on the admission website of Dhaka University (http://admission.eis.du.ac.bd) within 4 (four) weeks after the admission test .
|Units||Faculty||Admission Test Date||Admission Circular Download|
|KA Unit Admission Test Date||Science Faculty||10th June 2023||Download|
|KHA Unit Admission Test Date||Arts Faculty||4th June 2023||Download|
|GA Unit Admission Test Date||Commerce Faculty||3rd June 2023||Download|
|GHA Unit Admission Test Date||Social Science Faculty||11th June 2023||Download|
|DU ‘CHA’Unit Admission Test Date||Fine Arts Faculty||17th June 2023||Download|
|DU ‘CHA’ Unit Admission Test Date||Drawing||17th June 2023||Download|
Dhaka University Admission Circular Download
Here is the admission circular of Dhaka University. You can download the image version of Dhaka University or PDF version. We have added all the version here.
Dhaka University Admission Test Results
Dhaka University Admission test result has not published yet. After publishing the result, we will update it here. Keep in touch with us.
- Dhaka University A Unit Result: Click to Download
- Dhaka University B Unit Result: Click to Download
- Dhaka University C Unit Result: Click to Download
- Dhaka University D Unit Result: Click to Download
- Dhaka University Cha Unit Result: Click to Download