Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University (BSMRMU) is the first maritime university in Bangladesh. Recently, they have published their undergraduate admission circular. According to the circular, they are looking for the application from the interested candidates who are interested to get admitted in BSMRMU. We are here describing the details of BSMRMU Admission Circular 2020-2021. Keep scroll the post for all the latest information.
BSMRMU Faculty Details
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University BSMRMU consists of two faculties. These are
- Faculty of Earth and Ocean Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Maritime Governance and Policy
- Faculty of Shipping Administration
Each of the faculty has different subjects. Candidates who are interested about admission in BSMRMU has to appear in admission test according to the faculty.
Faculty of Earth and Ocean Science
There are two subjects in Earth and Ocean Science Faculty. The subjects are Oceanography and Marin Fisheries. If you apply for the under graduate level, you can do BSc. Honours in these subjects.
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
This faculty has only one subjects. This is Architecture and Offshore Engineering. If you want to get admit yourself in this subject, you have to appear on admission test on this unit.
Faculty of Maritime Governance and Policy
Like Engineering faculty this unit has also one subjects. The subject is about Law. Of course, Maritime Law. The students of this department are studied about maritime governance and policy and find their career in maritime law.
Faculty of Shipping Administration
There are two sea ports in Bangladesh. These are Chittagong Sea ports and Payra deep sea ports. There are a large number of people working there. But there is shortage of skilled people in port management. BSMRMU is working on creating skilled people. This faculty has a subjects of Port management and logistics.
Admission Requirement of BSMRMU
As we have mentioned earlier, candidates have to seat for separate admission test for the different. There are different requirements for different faculties. The requirements of admission in BSMRMU are given below.
Earth and Ocean Science and Engineering and Technology:
- Candidates have to pass HSC from Science group.
- Minimum GPA is 4.00 in both SSC and HSC
- Minimum B Grade is required in Math, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- At least two of the above subjects has A Grade
Faculty of Maritime Governance and Policy & Shipping Administration
- Candidates who pass HSC with GPA 3.5 from any group can apply
- Minimum Grade level is B
- Candidates have to obtain B Grade in Both SSC and HSC
BSMRMU Admission Test
- Total 100 Marks Exam will be taken
- For Oceanography and Marine Fisheries candidates have to take exam on English, Math, Chemistry and Biology.
- Exam System is Objective and Short Question Answers
- Total Time 90 Minutes
- For Maritime Law and BBA in Port Management, Candidates have to answer, Bangla, English, Critical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and General Knowledge
Important Dates of BSMRMU Admission
- Application Date Starts: September 15, 2020
- Application Date Ends: October 17, 2020
- Admission Test Date: November 08-09
- Admission Results: November 18, 2020
- Admission Starts: November 24
- Class Starts: January 12,2021
Admission Test Date:
|Maritime Governance and Policy||November 8, 2020 at 10.00 am to 11.30 am|
|Faculty of Shipping Administration||November 8, 2020 at 3.30 om to 5.00 pm|
|Faculty of Earth and Ocean Sciences||November 9, 2020 at 10.00 am to 11.30 am|
|Faculty of Engineering and Technology||November 9, 2020 at 3.30 om to 5.00 pm|
Candidates have to pay 800 BDT for each of the Faculty. Application Fees can be provided through bKash, Rocket, My Cash, and T Cash. Debit card and Credit card is also acceptable. The cards BSMRMU Supports are VISA, Master Card, DBBL Nexus
How to Apply for BSMRMU Admission
Candidates have to login in the applyonline.bsmrmu.edu.bd. There he/she will get details information about application process. Following the process candidates should have to apply. The more details is also available in www.bsmrmu.edu.bd
Helpline of BSMRMU
There are several helpline numbers which are proving different kinds of help. The help line numbers are
- Lecturer Oceanography – 01837824470
- Assistant professor of Marine Fisheries – 01731-778367
- Assistant Professor Port Management – 01672-252653
- Assistant Professor – LLB – 01915-929849
- Lecturer, Architecture – 01719- 409094
- IT Officer – 01769-721015
- Registrar – 01716-943579
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is all about the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University Admission Circular and process. It is common to face many difficulties. Don’t forget to knock us on comments. We are here to help you. Well wishes to you.